A category wioth increasing demand, the solar cables from Polysure are getting more and more attention everyday owing to the fact that this is the most promising environment friendly industry and is expected to have a significant role in resolving the world’s energy crisis. With diminishing production costs, users view this current transmission medium of solar energy power generation as cheap, clean and reliable.
Polysure PV Solar cables are designed for connecting photovoltaic power supply systems.They are dedicated to the photovoltaic system direct current (D.C.) side with a nominal D.C. voltage of a 1.5kV. These cables can be used indoor & outdoor for flexible and fixed installations with high mechanical strength in extreme weather conditions. cables are designed to withstand the demanding environmental conditions that arise in any fixed, mobile, roof or architecturally integrated photovoltaic installation.
These cables are suitable for permanent outdoor long-term use, under variable and harsh climate conditions. They are designed and tested to operate at a normal maximum conductor temperature of 90°C and for 20,000 hours up to 120°C. Therefore, the expected period use is 30 years under normal usage conditions.
Conductor – Flexible Electrolytic Tinned fine copper strands, acc. To IEC 60228, class 5
Insulation – Crosslinked Halogen Free & Flame Retardant Insulation , Colour : White , Red Or Black
Outer Sheath – Crosslinked Halogen Free & Flame Retardant UV and ozone resistant Sheath in Black Or Black with Red Stri
- Ambient Temperature: -40°C ~ +90°C
- Maximum Temperature at Conductor: 120°C (20000h)
- Short Circuit Temperature: 200°C (at conductor max. 5sec)
- Thermal Endurance Test : According to EN 60216-2 (temperature index +120°C)
- Minimum Bending Radius : 6 x OD (fixed), 15 x OD (occasional flexing)
- Dynamic Penetration: According to requirement of Cables for PV systems
- Tensile Strength: 6.5 N/mm2 for insulation and 8 N/mm2 for sheathing – according to EN60811
- Elongation of Insulation and sheathing: 125% – according to EN60811
- Shrinkage : 2% at 120°C according to EN 60811-1-3
- Rated DC Voltage: 1.5
- kVRated DC Voltage: 1.5
- kVMaximum Permitted DC Voltage: 1.8 kV
- Maximum Permitted AC Voltage: 1 kV
- Spark Test: 6000 Vac (8400 Vdc)
- Voltage Withstand: 6.5 kV Ac & 15 kV dc
- Mineral Oil Resistance: according to EN 60811-2-1O
- zone Resistance: according to EN 50396 part 8.1.3 Method B
- Very good resistance to oil and chemicals
- Acid & Alkaline Resistance: According to EN 60811-2-1 (Oxal acid and sodium hydroxide)
- Weathering-UV Resistance
- Resistance to fire__
Acc. to EN 50618, Table 2Single Cable Flame Test: EN 60332-1-2Low Smoke Emission: EN 61034-2 (Light Transmittance > 70%)Halogen-free per EN 50525-1, Annex B.
WHY Polysure,s Solar Cables?
Polysure Solar cables provides the maximum efficiency and guarantee energy transmission throughout the useful life of your installation.